GCSE BUSINESS STUDIES
Which Teacher is in charge of the course?
Mrs L Gallo
What is the course that I will be following?
WJEC GCSE Business
What kind of things will I study?
The main areas of study are:
· Business Activity
· Influences on business
· Business Operations
· Human Resources
Following a course in GCSE Business should encourage students to:
· be inspired by following a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study and gain an insight into related sectors;
· make informed decisions about learning opportunities and career choices;
· actively engage in the study of business and to develop as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds;
· use an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish facts from opinion and to build arguments and make informed judgements;
· develop and apply their knowledge and understanding and skills to contemporary issues in a range of national, local and international contexts;
· develop and apply quantitative skills relevant to business including using and interpreting data
· apply and relate knowledge and understanding to real enterprise and business opportunities, decision-making and scenarios
How will my work be assessed?
Unit 1: Business World
Written Examination: 2 hours
62.5% of qualification
Unit 2: Business Perceptions
Written Examination: 1 hour 30 minutes
37.5% of qualification
How can I use this course after Year 11?
This course provides you with a good grounding to continue your studies on an A Level or BTEC Business course. It also provides a useful understanding of the world of employment and work.
What else do I need to know?
There is no specific requirement for prior learning with this course, although a sound knowledge of English and Maths is desirable.
For more information click on the following link: