The overall philosophy of the Business Studies Department is to provide all pupils with a stimulating, challenging, enjoyable and relevant business education.
- Actively engage students in the study of business and to develop as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds
- Encourage students to use an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish facts from opinion and to build arguments and make informed judgements
- Help to develop and apply students' knowledge and understanding and skills to contemporary issues in a range of national, local and international contexts
- Encourage students to appreciate the range of perspectives of different stakeholder in relation to business and economic activities
- Consider the extent to which business and economic activity can be ethical and sustainable
- Provide opportunity for all pupils to achieve their full potential through exciting and challenging schemes of work, stimulating classroom environment, diverse and enjoyable teaching and learning strategies and extra-curricular activities.
- Enable pupils to see the relevance of Business Studies within their overall education and to develop their awareness of the world of work, enterprise and as European citizens.